Knock down rebuild
Renovate or detonate? It can be a hard choice, especially if you have been living in your home for a long time and it holds special memories for you. However, compared to renovating, there are an array of benefits to demolishing and starting again, including the opportunity to live in a brand new home, with features that might be impossible to achieve in an older home, even with a renovation/extension, such as:
- Improved orientation of the home on your block, to maximise street appeal, while improving year-round natural light and thermal efficiency
- Larger room sizes and improved storage space throughout your entire home
- Better overall energy efficiency thanks to features such as double-glazed windows, high insulation values on all walls and ceilings, a wider range of heating and cooling options, high-efficiency hot water systems, and much more.
- The opportunity to disregard existing ageing or poorly-built additions and foundations, which can make further renovations and extensions especially challenging and costly (e.g. foundations designed 60 years ago to support a single-level home, might not cope with the additional load of an extra storey, and if you do ‘go up’, where will the stairs go? and will they make a grand statement?)
- Control over the look and functionality of every part of your home to perfectly match your life stage and lifestyle
- A fixed budget, with none of the ‘surprises’ commonly associated with renovating an older home – from the discovery of asbestos or exposed copper electrical wiring, to rusting pipes, dry rot and even termite damage, to name just a few.
- Resale value. Ravida’s custom-designed, artisan-built homes are in big demand in Melbourne’s prestigious suburbs, because buyers can move-in and enjoy a relaxed and luxurious lifestyle, without the maintenance problems often associated with original period homes. This ensures Ravida homes have outstanding resale value.
Over the past three decades, Ravida has forged a multi-award-winning reputation for creating stunning custom-designed, artisan-built homes in Melbourne’s most exclusive suburbs. From period-style to cutting-edge contemporary (or a blend of both), Ravida can create a home to perfectly match your taste, budget and lifestyle.
Best of all, when it comes to ‘knock down rebuild’, we can seamlessly manage every aspect of your new dream home, from organising the demolition of your existing house (and the associated permits) and designing your new home, to interior design, pool installation, landscaping and anything else your vision demands.
Why settle for a renovation, when you can enjoy a luxurious, custom-designed, artisan-built Ravida home?
To start a conversation about your ‘knock down rebuild’ project, please call David Scott at Ravida on 0437 740 654 or
(03) 98921 0244. Alternatively, please complete the form below, and we will contact you.